Sunday, June 29, 2008

Livign out of Cars

More Living Out of Cars in Los Angeles

While the number of foreclosures and job lost raise in this country, people are being forced to relocate into their van, RV’s, and even cars. Los Angeles being the homeless capital of the world, a survey of 3,230 last year determined 7% of those were living out of their vehicles. It seems that people living out of their car or RV are better off than the streets. They are able to afford to keep up their car or RV by having a job or disability check but not being able to afford rent. Living out of your car isn’t always easy. Living this type of lifestyle you will have the problem of a place to park. Residents in Venice California are complaining of vehicles lined up and down their streets. This concerns residents not only from the talk of dealing drugs and prostitution from the vehicles. But from the precious parking spots that are being accommodated.


I think that people live for right now and not for the future. If people would start to plan ahead and save money for the future, they would find them selves in fewer predicaments in the future. Although I would rather see people living out of their RV’s and cars rather than living on the streets.

2 comments:

Julie bolt said...

I like your comments that you gave. My husband and I always try to stay ahead of the game in case something happens.

Gail Bauer said...

I think having a "safety net" is ideal; however, not everyone has that luxury. Many people live from paycheck to paycheck, and not all of them are wasting their money.